New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills
– Former Iowa tight end Scott Chandler continued his success with the Buffalo Bills, catching two passes for 10 yards and a touchdown. Buffalo defeated the Patriots, 34-31, snapping a 15-game losing streak against New England.
Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings
– Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway recorded eight tackles, including one tackle for loss.
– Former Hawkeye punter Ryan Donahue had a strong day booting the football for the Lions. Donahue punted seven times, averaging 46.4 yards per punt. He also placed one kick inside the opponent’s 20-yard-line.
– Lions cornerback Amari Spievey played a big role in the Lions victory over the Vikings, recording a sack and four solo tackles.
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles
– Tyler Sash recorded one solo tackle for the Giants
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Carolina Panthers
– Former Iowa punter Jason Baker booted eight punts for the Panthers, averaging 38.4 yards and placing two inside the 20-yard-line.
In this weekly segment, we’ll take a look at which former Hawkeyes are performing well on Sunday’s for their respective NFL squads. Here’s a look at the former Hawkeye stat leaders through the first two weeks of the NFL season.
1. Scott Chandler, TE Bills — 7 catches, 79 yards, 3 TDs
2. Dallas Clark, TE Colts — 8 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD
3. Brandon Myers, TE Raiders — 4 catches, 26 yards, 0 TDs
4. Shonn Greene, RB Jets — 3 catches, 13 yards, 0 TDs
1. Shonn Greene, RB NY Jets — 26 carries, 75 yards, 1 TD
1. Pat Angerer, LB Colts — 21 tackles
2. Chad Greenway, LB Vikings — 13 tackles
3. Bob Sanders, S Chargers — 12 tackles
4. Bradley Fletcher, CB Rams — 10 tackles
T5. Charles Godfrey, CB Panthers — 9 tackles
T5. Amari Spievey, CB Lions — 9 tackles
1. Matt Roth, DL Jaguars — 2 sacks
2. Karl Klug, DL Titans — 1 sack
1. Ryan Donahue, P Lions — 10 punts for 447 yards (44.7 avg), 5 punts Inside 20
2. Jason Baker, P Panthers — 9 punts for 364 yards (40.4 avg), 3 punts Inside 20
We’ve reached the second round of the Top NFL Hawkeye poll. Thanks to all of the Iowa fans who participated in the first round of polling. 223 votes were cast and now we’re down to the Sweet Sixteen.
Here are the matchups…
# 1 Dallas Clark vs. # 17 Jason Baker
#8 Tony Moeaki vs. #9 Bryan Bulaga
#4 Shonn Greene vs. # 13 Jonathan Babineaux
#5 Chad Greenway vs. #12 Pat Angerer
#2 Nate Kaeding vs. #15 Matt Roth
#7 Casey Wiegmann vs. #10 Robert Gallery
#3 Bob Sanders vs. #14 Charles Godfrey
#6 Aaron Kampman vs. #11 Marshal Yanda
Hawkeye Locator has decided to put a Black and Gold twist on the NFL Network’s new show, “The Top 100.” For those who haven’t seen or heard of the show, the premise of the program is to count down the 100 best players in the NFL today, as voted on by the players themselves.
For our countdown we’re changing things a tiny bit. We’ve set up a bracket-style poll consisting of 24 former Hawkeyes currently playing in the NFL. The ultimate goal is to determine which player is the best Hawkeye currently playing in the NFL.
Each week, fans will have the opportunity to vote on who should advance to the next round. VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN. Make your opinions heard.
Check below for the match-ups and (CLICK HERE TO VOTE)
First Round Byes
# 1 Dallas Clark, TE, Colts
# 2 Nate Kaeding, K, Chargers
# 3 Bob Sanders, S, Chargers
# 4 Shonn Greene, RB, Jets
#5 Chad Greenway, LB, Vikings
#6 Aaron Kampman, DL, Jaguars
#7 Casey Wiegmann, C, Chiefs
#8 Tony Moeaki, TE, Chiefs
First Round Match-ups