Former Hawkeye Weekend RoundupPosted: May 9, 2011
HawkeyeLocator recaps the weekend, informing lovers of the Black and Gold how their favorite former Hawkeyes performed with their respective professional squads.
* Former Hawkeye Dean Oliver scored eight points and dished out 10 assists for Bourg (France) in the team’s 104-94 loss to Maurienne on May 6.
Arena Football League
* Former Hawkeye quarterback Brad Banks completed 19-of-34 passes for 268 yards and five touchdowns, but he also had three throws picked off in the Barnstormers 71-57 loss to the Dallas Vigilantes on May 7. Banks also had 36 yards on the ground and ran for a touchdown.
* Recently signed kicker Kyle Schlicher made his first-ever professional field goal, connecting on a 29-yarder to open the contest for the Barnstormers. The former Hawkeye placekicker was also 6-for-8 on extra points.
* Ex-Iowa fullback Rodney Filer gained three rushing yards and recorded a 1-yard reception in the Barnstormers loss.
* Former Iowa offensive lineman Nyere Aumaitre started at guard for the Soul in their 58-42 loss to the Jacksonville Sharks on May 6.
Indoor Football League
* Former Iowa wide receiver Clinton Solomon had seven receptions for 90 yards in the Wild’s 51-14 blowout victory over the Oklahoma City Bricktown Brawlers. Solomon’s 50 receptions and 541 receiving yards both rank seventh-best in the IFL this season.
La Crosse Spartans
* Former Hawkeye kick returner / defensive back Walner Belleus recorded a tackle in the Spartans 44-21 loss to the Green Bay Blizzard.