Former Hawkeye Weekend WrapupPosted: April 10, 2011
This is the first of a weekly series in which Hawkeye Locator recaps the weekend performances of former Hawkeye athletes competing at the professional level.
Here’s how the Hawkeyes fared this weekend…
– Former Iowa wide receiver Clinton Solomon caught five passes for 39 yards in the Wichita Wild’s 36-24 loss to Omaha Beef Saturday in Indoor Football League play
– Former Iowa quarterback Brad Banks completed 22-of-35 passes for 310 yards and six touchdowns, but had three costly interceptions in the Iowa Barnstormers 62-48 loss to the Kansas City Command Saturday. Fellow Barnstormer and former Hawkeye Pete Traynor recorded one tackle.
– Also in Arena Football League action, Nyere Aumaitre notched one tackle for the Philadelphia Soul in a 53-46 loss to the Orlando Predators on Saturday.
– In NBA action, Raptors forward Reggie Evans grabbed 15 rebounds and scored 5 points to help Toronto snap a three-game losing streak with a 99-92 victory over the New Jersey Nets on Sunday. The former Hawkeye also scored eight points and had 15 boards Friday in the Raptors 98-93 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. Evans has been the team’s leading rebounder in four of the last five contests.
– The Reno Bighorns — current team of former Iowa forward Doug Thomas‘ — won its NBA D-League playoff opener, 106-101, against the Erie Bayhawks on Sunday, but Thomas saw no action in the contest.